CBSE NEET UG 2013 NOTIFICATION
WHAT IS NEET ?The Medical Council of India with the approval of the Central Government notified the following amendments in the ‘Regulations on Graduate Medical Education 1997’ as published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary on 21st December, 2010 and 15st February, 2012. Also, the Dental Council of India with the approval of Central Government notified the following amendments to the ‘BDS Course Regulations, 2007’ as published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 31st May, 2012:
- There shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses’ in each academic year.
- In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum marks in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test’ held for the said academic year besides obtaining minimum prescribed marks at the qualifying examination.
- The reservation of seats in medical/dental colleges for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in States/Union Territories. An all India merit list as well as State-wise merit list of the eligible candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said lists only.
- No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum eligibility marks as prescribed by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS Courses in the said academic year.
- All admissions to MBBS/BDS courses within the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education shall be the organization to conduct National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
WHO WILL CONDUCT THE NEET-2013 :The Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi will be conducting the First National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in the session 2013-14 on Sunday, the 05th May, 2013. The responsibility of the CBSE is limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and providing merit list to the Counselling Authorities
AGE OF THE CANDIDATES :
- FOR ALL INDIA QUOTA SEATS : He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course and is an INDIAN NATIONAL. The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes. Candidate must born on or between (a) 01.01.84 to 01.01.97 (SC/ST/OBC Category) (b) 01.01.89 to 01.01.97 (Other Category)
- FOR STATE QUOTA SEATS : He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course and is an INDIAN NATIONAL. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments and the Government of India.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALIFYING EXAM CODE :
- CODE : 01 A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 12th Standard in 2013 whose result is awaited, may apply and take up the said test but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of first round of Counselling. OR
- CODE : 02 The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the NationalCouncil of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education. NOTE: where the course content is not as prescribed for 10 +2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre - professional training before admission to the Medical Colleges. OR
- CODE : 03 The Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology (which shall include practical test in these subjects) and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
- CODE : 04 The Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology & English after assing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre-University or an equivalent examination. The Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination shall include practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.OR
- CODE : 05 The first year of the three years’ degree course of a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and candidate has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology with English at a level not less than a core course. OR
- CODE : 06 B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and further that he/ she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.OR
- CODE : 07Any other examination which in scope and standard (Last 02 years of 10+2 Study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology ; Which shall include practical test in these subjects.) is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English
QUALIFYING CRITERIA FOR CBSE NEET 2013 UG :In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test, held for the said academic year. However, in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile. In respect of General candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile. The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in All-India common merit list in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses’.Provided when sufficient number of candidates in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test held for any academic year for admission to MBBS/BDSCourses, the Central Government in consultation with Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for candidates belonging to respective categories and marks so lowered by the Central Government shall be applicable for the said academic year only. No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum eligibility marks as above shall be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
APPLICATION FEE :
- WITHOUT LATE FEE : Candidates need to pay an application fee Rs 1000 /- for GENERAL AND OBC candidates and Rs 550 /- for SC/ST/PH candidates .
- WITH LATE FEE : Candidates need to pay an application fee Rs 2000 /- for GENERAL AND OBC candidates and Rs 1550 /- for SC/ST/PH candidates
APPLY PROCESS :Candidates need to apply online only.The apply online application submission process and link are available at cbseneet official website . Follow the following process .
- Log on to website www.cbseneet.nic.in
- Go to the link “Apply On-line” and open the same.
- Read the instructions and procedure for on-line submission of Application Form carefully. At the end of this page, following three links to apply online are given:
- (a) Fill in the on-line application form Part-I and note down the registration number.
- (b) Make payment of fee through Debit/Credit Card or download Challan for payment in the designated accounts of Canara Bank/Syndicate Bank/e-Post Office.
- (c) Fill in the on-line Application Form Part-II furnishing the details of fee deposited.
- (d) Take print out of Confirmation page(s) and send to CBSE along with copy of proof of fee deposited through Challan, if fee deposited through Challan mode.
ADDRESS TO SEND THE APPLICATION FORM :
The Application Form duly filled-in alongwith other documents, if any, should be sent by Registered Post/Speed Post only so as to reach positively by last date(s) of receipt of application form according to the fee paid
THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY
(NEET UNIT), CBSE, SHIKSHA KENDRA,
2, COMMUNITY CENTRE,
PREET VIHAR, DELHI - 110 092
CBSE NEET-2013 UG ADMIT CARD DOWNLOAD :
The CBSE will provide the facility of downloading Admit Cards of NEET Examination on the Board’s website. Candidates are required to download the admit cards from the website and follow the instructions given therein. Candidate may please note that admit cards will not be sent by the post. The schedule of hosting of admit cards is as follows:
- Applications without Late Fee : 01.04.2013
- Applications with Late Fee : 10.04.2013
The Admit Card will bear the candidate’s Roll Number, Name, Father’s Name, Category, Sub-Category, Photograph, Signature, Date of Birth, Language of Question Paper with Name and Address of NEET Examination centre allotted. The candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card downloaded by him/her for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate should immediately inform the Board. In such cases, candidates would appear in the examination with the already downloaded admit card.
CBSE NEET-2013 RESULTS :
The Central Board of Secondary Education will conduct the NEET Examination, evaluate the Answer Sheets and declare the result by end of 1st week of June, 2013 and the same will be hosted on website www.cbseneet.nic.in. The CBSE will prepare the merit list/ wait list as per the directives of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
IMPORTANT LINKS :
- INFORMATION BULLETIN - ENGLISH DOWNLOAD
- INFORMATION BULLETIN - HINDI DOWNLOAD
- NEET UG 2013 EXAMINATION SYLLABUS DOWNLOAD
- NEET EXAMINATION CENTERS LIST
- NEET 2013 APPLY ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION LINK
- PRINT BANK E-CHALLAN FORM
- RE-PRINT THE CONFORMATION PAGE
- LOCATE BANK / E-POSTOFFICE FOR FEE PAYMENT
- HOW TO FILL ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
IMPORTANT DATES :
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION WITHOUT LATE FEE : 31 DECEMBER 2012
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION WITH LATE FEE : 31 JANUARY 2013
- LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF CONFIRMATION PAGE OF APPLICATION FORM IN CBSE WITH OUT LATE FEE: 10 JANUARY 2013
- LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF CONFIRMATION PAGE OF APPLICATION FORM IN CBSE WITH OUT LATE FEE: 5 FEBRUARY 2013
FOR MORE DETAILS LIKE ADMIT CARD DOWNLOAD RESULTS MERIT LIST MARKS SCORE RANK REGARDING CBSE NEET UG 2013 ARE AVAILABLE AT